Your Best Year Yet – Still Possible
We’re half way through 2016. I imagine you started the year with big goals and dreams – even intentions for some major transformation. So, where are you now? It’s time to assess.
- Are you on pace/track, ahead or woefully behind?
- At the outset of the year, did you establish leading indicators (predictive measures) to track your progress toward achievement of your lagging measures (historic, end goals to achieve)?
- If you’re behind
- What got in your way?
- What did you stop believing about yourself?
- Where were you out of integrity with your word, yourself?
- If you’re ahead
- Are you acutely aware of the constant habits that will sustain and propel you?
- Can you repeat your success?
- Was there a ‘blue bird’, unsuspected windfall that put you ahead?
Regardless, the second half is yours – to turn things around and/or achieve things beyond your imagination. Take a quick look in your review mirror and ask:
- What did I accomplish?
- What were my biggest disappointments?
- What did I learn?
“Change-making happens when people fall in love with a different version of the future” ~ Seth Godin
Now look forward and consider:
- What do you want more of in your life?
- What do you want less of in your life?
- What two actions could you immediately take that would significantly better your personal/professional situation?
The next six months will set the stage for 2017 – on all fronts. I encourage you to reflect, inquire and act – boldly and courageously.
“When you feel like quitting think about why you started” ~ Mark Cuban
If you’re fired up to crush the rest of 2016, let’s do some mentoring together.